Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Life Redirected

Living with the Precepts

My life was packed with stress and tension.  Anger would often raise its ugly head.  I needed to erase those things from my life if I were going to be happy and healthy.  I had an idea of how I might change the way I lived but my idea lacked any structure.  It was the body of an idea with no bones.  When I discovered the Precepts I knew that I had found the bones.  For me, those clearly stated, simply written guidelines have given me a basis upon which to judge the actions I take every day of my life.  The guidance those principles has given me makes my life so much richer and relieves so many of life’s pressures.  Since I have begun this path my life has become so much more peaceful.  I hope that I have become more kind and compassionate.  I know that I am much more calm and at peace with all things that surround me.  I am not certain whether I found the Precepts or they found me.  I am certain that my life’s path and the events along the way gently led me in this direction.  I am very happy to be on this path.

Also, I believe that the Precepts are just the beginning of a long and increasingly rewarding journey.  The many bits of knowledge that have come to me from multitudinous sources not only amplify the Precepts but serve as a beacon lighting the way along the path to a much more enjoyable life.  Certainly, each of the Precepts can be and often is interpreted in different ways.  Finding the interpretation that resonates with you is the cornerstone to living a harmonious life.  However, having the foundation built upon the Precepts has led me along the path toward a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment